Top Ten Tuesday is held by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl
Today’s topic is Favorite Places to Read
Here we go!
- Love Seat – I have had this love seat in my apartment for the entire four years I have lived in my apartment and it is perfectly formed to my sitting. Add in a soft fuzzy blanket, a drink of choice, and a good book and I’m all set to go!
2. Public Transit – I love getting lost in various worlds as I’m traveling. Luckily I have always been able to read while in a car which I know is something that not everyone is able to do.
3. Coffee shops -I love spending time in coffee shops and reading. When I was in graduate school, the local Starbucks café’ within the Barnes and Noble was one go to place for both studying and free time reading.
4. Library – I really enjoy finding a good book and just being able to sit down to start to read it. My local library has a bunch of areas to sit in which I took much advantage of it when I was in my younger days.
5. Hammock – My grandparents have a swinging hammock on their back porch which has always been one of my favorite places to sit in and read. The calm breeze, the swinging from side to side, and a good book? Sounds perfect to me.
6. Pool Side – I really enjoy sitting by a pool and reading. I have done this with both inside and outdoor pools and it is often times relaxing. I actually find it more enjoyable than reading at the beach because there is no sand but, there can be sunshine!
7. Walking around town – I have found using audiobooks while walking around town is really relaxing and enjoyable. Not only do I get to enjoy a good book but, I also get some exercise and fresh air in.
8. Bathtub – A nice warm bath is already so relaxing but add in a good book and maybe a glass of wine or a cup and tea and you’ve basically got perfection. I just have to be careful about dropping the book in the water. Unfortunately, it’s happened more than once!
9. Under a Tree – When I was younger my babysitter had several tall trees on her property and I loved to sit underneath them and read. There were times when I tried to climb them as well but now with being older, I have found myself unable to do that, and prefer to just to sit underneath them usually on a blanket.
10. Bed – My usual routine these days when waking up is to open my kindle app and read a few chapters while snuggled in my bed with my blankets. It really is the best way to start my day and put me into a better mood. I often to do this at bedtime as well to put meinto a good mood at bedtime.
This was such a fun topic! What are some of your favorite places to read?