Top Ten Tuesday is held by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl
Today’s topic is Books Guaranteed To Put A Smile On My Face.
Well actually, it is supposed to be Books Guaranteed to Make You Smile…
But, I misread it when I was making my list at work.
Oh well, hopefully there are a couple in here that will make you smile as well.
Here we go!
- Sailor Moon (Naoka Takeuchi) – Always fun to read and get lost in the world of The Sailor Scouts. It brings me back to my childhood/teenage years with my friends.
- A Northern Light (Jennifer Donnelly) – Anything written by Jennifer Donnelly usually makes me smile. This one is a beautifully written historical fiction that explores topics such as feminism, education, and the crossroads between being a girl and a woman.
- Anna and the French Kiss (Stephanie Perkins) – The perfect contemporary story set in a foreign country. It is still so quotable! “Boys turn girls into idiots.”
- Wanderlove (Kirsten Hubbard) – Sense of adventure and mystery with a dash of being willing to take chances, make mistakes, learn and grow.
- Touching The Surface (Kimberly Sabatini) – This book reminds me of all the great events at Oblong Books with author Kimberly Sabatini. She so sweet, warm, and welcoming and her writing is lyrical and beautiful.
- Enjoy The View (Sarah Morgenthaler) – Every time I think of this book I smile because of the lovestruck marmot and the small town charm. I can’t wait to be back in Moose Springs again.
- The Inheritance Games (Jennifer Lynn Barnes) – This book was such a fun rollercoaster for me. I smile every time I think of it and am glad that I get to revisit this world again soon!
- Illuminae (Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff) – The concept and identity of this book immediately caught my attention at BEA 2016. I loved the way that it was written. It was just so much fun to read!
- As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales From the Making Of the Princess Bride (Cary Elwes) – The audiobook is so much fun to listen to! I love the behind the scenes stories and the various performers perspective of filming and their castmates. It always put a smile on my face.
- Untamed (Glennon Doyle) – This is a book that I am continuously going back to, re-reading, and using quotes from. There is just something about the way this is written, the content, the messages…it makes me feel not so alone in my thoughts.
This was such a fun topic. I hope one of these books make you smile as well!
What are some of the books that are guaranteed to make you smile?