Top Ten Tuesday is held by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl
Today’s topic is Bookish Pet Peeves
Here We Go!
- Stickers On Books – I hate price tag that are stuck on the book and hard to take off. Especially if the sticker is covering up the synopsis.
- Poor Endings – I hate when a book has an awesome introduction and then fizzles out with a poor ending. So much wasted potential!
- Typographical Errors – I understand that we are all human and can make mistakes but multiple errors also drive me crazy. I’ve been told I could be a proof editor so maybe that’s why I notice them so easily?
- Waiting For Library Books – Patience is a virtue but waiting for library books is not always easy especially if its a book that you really want to read.
- Being Judged For Being A Reader ~ So what if I all want to do is curl up with a good book? Shame on you for judging me and making me feel guilty.
- Being Judged For How Much I Read – This year especially I have felt like people are judging me for the amount I have read (200+). There are worse things I could do?
- Being Judged For What I Choose To Read – So what if I’m reading a book with a shirtless man on the cover of it? Or if I’m an adult reading young adult books. I read what I like.
- Book Spoilers – Nothing is worse than slowly reading a book and finding a spoiler online or having someone spoil what happens next. Just no! Let people find out on their own.
- Books That Are Part of a Series & I Didn’t Realize It – I really dislike reading a book not knowing that it actually part of a series. I like series but, there is often some mental preparation involved in reading the first book in a series knowing that it will be a yea r before the next one comes out.
- Not Having Time To Read – Reading is self care for me so when I’m unable to find time to read and relax, it makes me feel unbalanced. And that is a feeling that i would rather not have!
So, these are some of my bookish pet peeves.
Do you also have some of these?
What are you bookish pet peeves?