Top Ten Tuesday is held by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl
Today’s topic is Favorite Book Settings
Here We Go!
- Small Towns ~ I love small town stories. Everyone knows everyone and everything is interconnected and interacts together. Small town romances are the best!
- Tropical Island ~ Being transported to a tropical island is always a dreamy experience. I love descriptions of the ocean, beaches, and tropical drinks.
- Snowy Mountains ~ I’m not very adventurous when it comes to skiing or snowboarding but, I do enjoy the idea of being in a cozy cabin in front of a warm fire while the snow is falling slowly outside.
- Bookshop/Library ~ I love when a character either goes to the library often, works in a bookstore, or even owns a bookstore. It would be my dream to be trapped in a bookstore or library.
- Space ~ Some of the most memorable reads have been set in space. It is so much fun imagining it or dreaming about traveling to the various planets.
- Old Buildings/Castles ~ Old buildings and castles are the perfect set up for a historical romance and/or historical fiction. I love imagining the various rooms and staircases and possible hidden passages.
- Road Trips ~ Road trip stories are always fun and I enjoy going to the various location in the book. Road trip stories are also usually filled with shenanigans too.
- Fictional Worlds ~ There is nothing like a book with good world building. I love getting lost in these fictional places that often feel so real.
- Paris ~ Books that are set in Paris are normally so beautifully written and fun to imagine. I would love to be able to visit there one day.
- Australia ~ Australia is one of my dream travel locations so I love reading books that are set there.
So, these are some of my favorite book settings.
Do you also have some of these?
What are you favorite book settings?