Top Ten Tuesday is held by Jana over at That Artsy Reader Girl
Today’s topic is memorable things characters have said.
1. “Voice is not just the sound that comes from your throat but the feelings that come from your words.” ~The Nothern Light (Jennifer Donnelly)
2. “Brave doesn’t mean you’re not scared. It means you go on even though you’re scared.” ~The Hate U Give (Angie Thomas)
3. “He would have told her – he would have said, it matters not if you are here or there for I see you before me every moment. I see you in the light of the water, in the swaying of the young trees in the spring wind. I see you in the shadows of the great ones, I hear your voice in the cry of the owl at night. You are are blood in my being and the beating of my heart. You are my first waking thought and my last sigh before sleeping. You are – you are bone of my bone bone breath of my breath.” ~Daughter of the Forest (Juliet Marillier)
4. “When people have the freedom to choose, they choose wrong, every single time.” ~The Giver (Lois Lowry)
5. “Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of another.” ~To Kill A Mockingbird (Harper Lee)
6. “Laughter feels like our floatation device- it won’t pull us out of the storm but it might carry us through if we can just hang out. ” ~Open Road Summer (Emery Lord)
7. “Books are the mile markers in my life. Some people have family photos or home movies to record their last. I’ve got books. Characters. For as long as I can remember, books have been my safe place.” ~The Great Alone (Kristin Hannah)
8. “Art without emotion, it’s like chocolate cake without sugar. It makes you gag.” ~Speak (Laurie Halse Anderson)
9. “We accept the love we think we deserve.” ~Perks of Being A Wallflower (Stephen Chbosky)
10. “Not my daughter, you bitch!” ~Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (JK Rowling)
What are some of your favorite character quotes?