Girl Taking Over is a newly released comic by DC Comics and the focus is all about a young Lois Lane. Lois knows exactly what her future is going to hold. First thing, she is going to rock her summer internship which will help her land her ultimate goal: being a writer for the Daily Planet. This becomes alot harder when she arrives in the big city and finds out that her dream internship is not exactly what she pictured it to be. Here are some bullet points regarding what I loved:
- I really liked the way that the character of Lois was written. There was a great balance of both character and narrative development.
- I loved the more modern approach and the fact that this was fully Lois’ story. She is not a side character for the hero. She is the heroine.
- Diversity has such an important role in this story and I loved it. It will allow younger and older readers to see themselves in these characters.
- The illustrations are stunning! They are such a good representation of what is going on each page. They are also so full of energy.
- There is a hint of romance between Lois and her co-worker Clark which I loved because I’ve always enjoyed their story.
From what I have seen Girl Taking Over is supposed to be a one story book. I can’t help but be hopeful that this will be changed. I really feel there is still so much that could be done with the characters. This was Lois’ first big adventure. There has to be more adventure out there for her somewhere!
Rating: 4 Stars
**I received this book for free from Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.**